The shame and humiliation of Londonistan
But the case of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is worrying on a number of levels:
1) He was already on a UK ‘watch list’.
2) He had already been refused a visa to enter the country following an application to study at a fake college.
3) He was on a US ‘watch list’.
4) Al Qaeda had warned of a terror attack four days before the incident, posting a video online from Yemen saying: 'We are carrying a bomb to hit the enemies of God.'
4) Concerns had been expressed both to Nigerian and US authorities by the man’s own father, who was concerned by his son's extremist behaviour.
It beggars belief that this man was not stopped before he boarded the Amsterdam-Detroit flight on Christmas Day. The plot was thwarted only by luck.
It also beggars belief that we still have a security system in place which inconveniences millions of air passengers but quite clearly does not stop the determined jihadi terrorist.