Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ann Widdecombe joins Bucks Fizz

Cranmer has been asked to post this video in order to 'spread the message about the importance of using your democratic right to vote.'


Somehow, it seems to encapsulate this election campaign. His Grace is immensely disappointed that he was not invited to take part.


Blogger Paul said...

How would anyone be persuaded to vote by this video, given that virtually everyone in it are only known to those who follow politics in the first place?

I do like it though. Guido should have worn the mask as well as the skirt.

20 April 2010 at 17:16  
Anonymous GTGTWG said...

Ha, ha...I like it! However, I've made my mind up that they're all liars! So am I supposed to vote for a liar?

20 April 2010 at 17:30  
Anonymous opsimath said...


Have you ever voted for someone who wasn't a liar? Even without actually knowing they were a liar? Like the Home Sec and his shadows, who have NEVER EVER broken the law?

20 April 2010 at 17:35  
Anonymous no nonny said...

I stopped listening to pretend music before that! So I had to look up Buck's Fizz...

This lot are all telling the same lie in the same the colour though: Mimosa.

20 April 2010 at 17:47  
Blogger Johnny Rottenborough said...

Isn’t there a ‘b’ somewhere in Widdecombe?

20 April 2010 at 17:50  
Blogger Archbishop Cranmer said...

Yes, there is.

Corrected. Thank you.

Posted in haste.

20 April 2010 at 19:15  
Blogger Dreadnaught said...

C'mon you bunch of Sourpusses -I Loved it.

A jolly, light-hearted non partisan attempt to raise public awareness amongst the legions of the enfranchised but apathetic or simply disillusioned.

A bit of fun amongst all this seriousness can't be all that bad.

All credit to them taking part why is it not on TV?
Only the most dour would fail to raise at least a flicker of a smile.


20 April 2010 at 19:19  
Blogger John M Ward said...

I liked it too, and posted it on my own 'blog as soon as I knew of it.

I think that Nadine was the real star, though Nigel Farage, Lynne Featherstone and the fellow in the pink tie were all great too.

I can't see how Your Grace could have sensibly been asked to particpate, as his ashes would have got lost within the Icelandic ash cloud. It would not have been fitting to have put in all that effort for no recognition..

20 April 2010 at 19:27  
Blogger Jared Gaites said...

Nadine is God dam sexy. Oooooooooooooooooh give me a piece!

20 April 2010 at 19:41  
Blogger Jared Gaites said...

BTW the Libdems have just surged into the lead in a ne3w YouGov/Sun Poll. Hilarious!

20 April 2010 at 20:23  
Anonymous not a machine said...

Nice to have a bit of fun during the campaign.

20 April 2010 at 21:22  
Blogger Bred in the bone said...

As the spirit doth move me Cranmer, yes I agree, you should have been invited!

Would have been a sure vote winner to see you get defrocked.

Eh? What? Say no more...

Signed: Pepe Le Tom

20 April 2010 at 21:37  
Blogger Anabaptist said...

I couldn't identify them all, but did I notice a spot of window dressing in there?

If not, why not?

20 April 2010 at 22:45  
Anonymous GTGTWG said...


yes Nick Clegg now...money in his personal account!! Of all the places it could be. How did it end up there? What's the problem. Old Nick is aghast!

22 April 2010 at 17:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older